Blast Off! with Gabby and Maddox

Blast Off! with Gabby and Maddox - Steve Altier Blast Off is the continuing adventures of Gabby and her younger brother Maddox. In this fun adventure, the children launch into space as part of the CAP program at NASA. CAP stands for Children’s Astronaut Program. Their mission is to visit a space station, however something goes wrong and left without power they drift off into outer space. Just when things look like they are about to get worse, the children encounter an alien named Spark and get whisked away to his home world, which just happens to be being orbiting Saturn, for a few days of excitement and suspense.

I really did enjoy this book. I went along for the ride and enjoyed seeing everything through the eyes of the children. The diverse alien world was beautifully described and the characters the kids meet along the way were fun. Their various adventures, while fast paced and intense at times, were kid sized and exciting, even in the face of danger. The end was a mite predictable, but fun all the same

I had not heard of Gabby and Maddox before this. Their previous adventure is mentioned throughout the book and they meet up with other recurring characters, however this book can stand alone quite easily. I am sure they will have many more adventures.

I would recommend this book for kids ages 8 and up.

I received my copy of this book as part of a GoodReads Giveaway.