You Rule!: A Practical Guide to Creating Your Own Kingdom

You Rule!: A Practical Guide to Creating Your Own Kingdom - Lonely Planet Kids
When I was in the fourth grade, we teamed up with the class next door and spent an entire quarter creating a country of our own. We commandeered a classroom to build our capital city out of cardboard and cellophane. We decided on our form of government, held elections and voted on flag designs. We made up holidays and a history. We created a postal system complete with stamps and made rules for emigrating to our piece of the planet. It would have been a lot easier if we had had this book laying it out for us.

It is 96 pages, including glossary and index, chock full of brightly illustrated facts and scenarios. Everything you need to know about starting your own country, from picking the just the right spot to settle to creating a constitution right up to issues of national security. This is a terrific resource for kids.

I received a copy of this book for an honest review

Did you know that the smallest countries in the world have less than 1 sq mile of land and are among the most densely populated on the Earth? Or that China borders 14 different countries? I loved the facts I learned along the way, reading through this book. Even more, I enjoyed how engaged my 12 year old was as we read through it together. He learned quite a bit and couldn’t wait to share with his dad and teachers. Whether you have a child interested in a career in politics, working on a homeschool project or a class full kids ready to learn more about how government works, this book promises to offer as much fun as learning.