The Icarus Prediction

The Icarus Prediction - R.D.  Gupta In my opinion there are two kinds of super spy archetypes in literature. You have the James Bonds with their bikini body cohorts, the super spy gadgets and fast expensive cars. Then you have the Jack Ryans with their accidental spy status, their ever unquestionable honor and super analytical brains dropping the pieces into place in the nick of time. Either are capable of filling your reading hours with international thrill and intrigue. All others will try with more or less success to emulate one or the other. Move over boys, Jarrod Stryker has come into his own.

The Icarus Prediction tells the tale of once disgraced CIA agent, now Wall Street up and comer Jarrod Stryker. He has applied his CIA training to Wall Street investing and is fast rising to the top. When a terrorist attack across the globe puts his world in jeopardy, he must fix it by using all that he knows and bend a few rules along the way. He just has to not put his trust in the wrong people along the way.

I suppose it will be no surprise that I enjoyed this book or that my favorite spy archetype is the nerdy-can-handle-himself-in-a-pinch kind of guy. This story showcases the ultimate in insider trading, still it was a blast a minute to read through. It is a gripping, keep you on your toes kind of book. The story moves fast from the get go with its allusional foreshadowing in Beirut, right through to the twists at the end. It is scary at how believable it is. Jarrod Stryker will stand tall in pantheon of literary super spies.

The book was a gift in exchange for an honest review