Michael's Mystery (Nations of Peace, #3)

Michael's Mystery (Nations of Peace, #3) - Linze Brandon A Grandmaster has been accused of deliberately sending his own people to their deaths in order to achieve a heinous end. Michael has been dispatched to the Grandmaster’s planet to investigate. There he is paired up with a Healer, Andesine , for whom he feels an almost instant attraction. While it obvious that she feels the same way, there are too many secrets between them. However their adventure is just beginning and it will lead to places neither of them can anticipate.

This is one of the best books I have read in a while. When I began reading this book, I had no idea that this was part of a series. It did seem at times that I was missing something, however the story managed to stand alone and was quite entertaining. The love story was beautiful if a bit predictable and the insights into the High lords really gave the story needed layers. This Story has Dragons, Magic Users, Healers and High Lords, terrific fantasy elements used well. However, I do think the erotica was a bit over the top. Loves scenes between the main characters would have been better without the crude erotica specific terminology used by the author. It was a biting contrast to the term “sharing pleasures” used throughout the book.

Overall this was worth a couple hours of Intense reading. I am looking forward to hunting down the rest of the series to play catch up.

Note: This is an adult novel with explicit sex and rape scenes.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review